Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wrap Attack



One thing i have been missing has been a nice veggie wrap.  Being wrapless, I needed to fix this.  I found this recipe at allrecipes:

Whole Wheat Wraps
 
4 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1 c. Warm water

Mix dry.  Then add the water, add additional water a tbsp. at a time until you have a nice pliable dough. (Warning: You probably will need extra water).  Knead your dough on a lightly floured surface.  Separate dough into 16 equal sized dough balls.  Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.  Next you will roll the balls, thick or thin, which ever you like, on a well floured surface.  Make sure your balls are well floured too.  You will soon be balless.  You can stack on a plate separating the wraps with wax paper.  I did not have wax  so I used extra flour so they would not stick and that worked too, just powderier.  All you have to do now is a heat an ungreased skillet up on med-high heat and warm either side for 20 to 30 seconds.  Place immediately into a ziplock baggy to lock in moisture and steam.  Then Viola.  You are done.  They are not the most flavorful plain but filled they will make dreams come true.  Well, mine anyhow.  I also discovered that if you leave them in the pan because you have an attention span off a kitty on catnip, they make great chips.  

3 comments:

mamapasta said...

the ziplock trick is what I missed,
I made cardboard bread last time ,
now I know why

Virginie said...

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for your message on my blog. I discover this way your blog. Korean food is very misterious for French people, and I hope I will learn more through your blog.
I wish a long life to your blog.

...barbara... said...

mama pasta~ I know your pain...i am a sucker for learning the hard way...

virginie pean~your blog rocks...i will be posting some nice korean recipes soon and i plan on posting pictures of my favorite places to eat out here...I hope you like...