1. Choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose? I'd say local first since I just finished having a conversation about the amount of gasoline that goes into transporting food. Local organic though, I think takes the cake.
2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes: I like em all, but if I have to pick I would go with mashed. You can build houses.
3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)? Um, almost never, but I consider it.
4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family: Hmm...Grandma's Apple Cake and there are too many that my mom makes to list.
5. Any food allergies? Luckily no.
6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go? Since going vegan and moving to Korea shortly there after, I will need more time once home to establish that.
7. When you have a cold, what do you crave? If I am craving food at all, I most certainly want comfort food. (Breads, pasta, soup etc.)
8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.) Filtered or bottled.
9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see: Pina Coloda, I have tried pineapple so why not throw coconut in there too. Diet though, not a fan of sugar pop.
10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be? Mom's Home Cooking.....Like I mentioned above she made a lot of awesome food and still does.
11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be? Coconut or Cacao.
12. Favorite type of mushroom? I love all mushrooms, but I have been without portobello here and it hurts.
13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen? NO OVEN (*sobs in corner*).
14. Last food you burned? Hahaha...my lentil soup from last night....will post with the option to burn or not.
15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?": Tofu, soy anything, dark leafies, beans, legumes, nuts, etc. Followed by, you'd be surprised with how much protein is found in non meat sources.
16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be? Mmmm, can I trade it in for pumpkin pie or apple crisp? But, if not I think I would make a carrot cake loaded with nuts and pineapple and coconut. Ooooo, or ice cream cake, i just thought of that one...yup, ice cream cake it is.
17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips? Do not have a brand in mind, I am just happy if it is milkless.
18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy? After quickly peeking at the site, I would have to say a kitchen aid blender. I need a good blender.
19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share? Sometimes, when I want to make a certain something. No tips really, just a lot of internet searches for what I am thinking and a grocery list.
20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat? Open fridge or cupboards and grab what catches my eye (e.g. fruit, nuts, cold left overs, slice of bread).
21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win? I am so bad with T.V. thingies. (*Insert my friends making fun of my pop culture knowledge*)
22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving? Cinnamon, dried or fresh fruit, coconut and some form of sweetener. My favorite for a while, when I still had a stash of oatmeal, was banana, coconut and some sugar topped with soy milk. (I cannot buy oatmeal in my city and must stalk up when I go to a big city foreign food mart).
23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)? I would say vietnam because I love vietnamese food and I really want to go to Hanoi. But if a situation like this were to arise, I would like to go somewhere I had little knowledge of to learn completely new things.
24. Favorite late night snack? Depends how hungry I am, but usually popcorn.
25. Favorite springtime food? Spring rolls :)
26. Favorite food-related magazine? Any Veg one I can get my hands on right now.
27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos? Mmm, tamari. I have yet to try Bragg's though.
28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most? For some reason cooked green peppers do not make my taste buds happy, but if they are cooked in something it is fine. Oh, and grapefruit, but i keep trying it to see if my taste buds have changed.
29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long: Ooo, soy nog or tofurkey or pumpkin pie. Just holiday meals make me happy.
30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert? Family or future life partner.
Vegan. Artist. Explorer of Foods. Hippie-esque. Drawer of Things. Eccentricish. Dreamer of Life. Sunshine makes me Happy. Ram Dam Fam Cooer. Kisser of Nanimals. Harley Wanter. Thinks Smiling is Cool. Music Appreciator. Reader of Books. Tattoo Infatuie. Lives for the Funk. Owner of Cats. Laughter Smitten. Lover of You. Did I mention I like tea?