Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Somethin to Warm Yar Belleh!

This is my version of what I like to call Chili Cholent.  I am not going to post the recipe because it is the cholent from v-con with a few slight changes. 
 
Slight Changes

Tarragon ~  Dried basil, oregano and rosemary
Caraway seeds ~ Cumin seeds
Lentils ~ White beans
Potatoes ~ Sweet potatoes
Lima beans ~ Corn
Toss in about three pickled hot peppers and you're set.

This was delicious and warmed me up.  The perfect fall food and is great for the sniffles.  I recommend eating it whilst wrapped in a blanket and reading a book.


9 comments:

River said...

So much veggie goodness in one bowl! I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

VeganView said...

Oooh yum, that looks like the perfect fall dish with all the colors and vegetable goodness :)

pixiepine said...

That does look warm & cozy!

mamapasta said...

exactly what I need : a yummy hot bottle in my tummy

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

This looks so warm and filling!

Jeni Treehugger said...

Hot Diggity Dawg that looks good!!!

Mike K said...

It's getting cold here, so this looks wonderful. The pickled hot peppers sound like a great addition - I love spicy comfort food.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Ha! The title made me laugh and the food made me hungry!

ClaudiaWR said...

hey! That chili looks totally sweet--with all those chunks of vegetables in there!